Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cailleach: Celtic Crone Goddess of Winter

I was telling my friend about my recent encounters with the new spirit guide.
  Suddenly, she had an epiphany, 'You are speaking about Cailleach!'
  She searched the web and found this depiction of Cailleach.



Stunned at the striking similarity between this picture and my vision,
  I sought to learn if Cailleach was the spirit who presented herself to me.
  The more I read, the more certain I became that she is the spirit of my visions.

These things I learned about this ancient goddess, Cailleach.  

She is known as the Daughter of the Winter Sun, the Crone,
  the Dark Mother, the gigantic Hag, the Harvest Goddess,
  the Goddess of Death and the Old Woman of Knowledge.

Cailleach is mother to all gods and goddesses, grandmother to all humanity.
  She is guardian and defender of the balance between humans and nature.
  She is the goddess of the portal between the realms of humanity and spirit.

Cailleach is extremely powerful, and demands respect.
  If you cross her, she will mete out consequences.  
  She can invoke love or terror, despair or hope.

She is wise and cunning, astute and incisive, 
  and her power will not be disparaged.

A Goddess of Transformation,
  she culls the dead and brings new life.
  She ushers in winter and births the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment