Saturday, November 9, 2013

the Crone

She has been coming to me in visions.
  She is a spirit guide, but not just for me.
  She is here for us all.

In the first journey, I was taken to a dark place.
  Standing in the dark, I saw a tear in the fabric of reality.
  I was invited to pull open the fabric, to step into the beyond.

So, I took hold of that vaporous tear and pulled it apart.
  Stepping inside, I found myself enveloped again in dark.
  I was in a dense forest, but not one of material substance.

I stood alone, yet sensed beings all about me, watching.
  Then, I saw flickering lights of many colors, everywhere.
  And, I saw the lights were fairies, brilliant, beautiful, dancing.

Though I have traveled far in spirit world, I have not
  allowed for interaction with this aspect of the mystic.
  I have judged it harshly as unworthy, childish, superficial.

Yet, there I was.  So, I watched as the fairies danced,
  lighting up the dark with color, creating beauty as they flew.
  Then, it became too much for me so I left, and all became silent.

The other day, I joined with a circle of friends to journey.
  I intended to journey to see the next chapter in my new book.
  Yet, as I sat in circle, I sensed the presence of a new spirit guide.

So, I opened my self to meet this new spirit guide in journey.
  I was taken back to the portal between the two realities.
  Stepping inside, I saw the brilliant colors lighting up the dark.

And, I sensed a presence.
  Turning, I saw her floating just above the ground.
  And what I saw next bewildered and flummoxed me.

She was wearing a Steampunk Ball Gown, a hoop dress.
  All white, many layers of ruffles folded one upon the other,
  climbing over the massive expanse between her feet and waist.
  A lace and satin bodice sat atop this most peculiar costume.

Looking to the figure it framed, I saw a very old woman.
  Her face was gaunt and, well, ugly.  Her nose protruded
  above stern lips and shielded the eyes set back in her skull.

Her hair, scant and disheveled, was tucked awkwardly
  into a regal Juliette Cap sitting askance on her balding head.
  Her hands bore long, bony fingers, and she was barefoot?!

Stunned, I gazed at this bizarre figure even as she stared down at me.
  I emerged from the journey astonished at the incredulity of it all.
  I understood that she is the Crone, and these words came to me,

Extravagant, effusive, lavish, audacious, regal,
  gaudy, daring, bold, laughing, 'Do not cross me.',
  powerful, adventure, play, a theater in which to create.

She is here.  She has announced her garish self to me and the world.
  Her purpose, I am almost afraid to ask.  But, I'm sure she has
  something to say.  How could one so audacious not?

So, I will await her next visit and endeavor to hear her words
  so that I may pass them on for any interested to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment