Saturday, November 9, 2013

Cailleach: She Will Not Be Denied

This is the spirit of my visions, this Cailleach.

The awe and wonderment of meeting her
  is surpassed only by my instinct to be wary.

Each time she presents to me, I recoil,
  needing time for repair, to catch my breath.

Her presence, her power, her intent, all
 are perpexing, unnerving and disconcerting.

Yet, even when I steer clear of her, she plants images
  in my mind and sows words with my fingers upon the keys.

So, I met once again with my friends in circle to journey.
  Daunted at meeting Cailleach once again, I volunteered to drum.

My ploy...to focus on drumming and sheparding my friends
  through their journeys, so precluding my own journey to Cailleach.

Relieved at having escaped another encounter,
  I retired to await my friend's reflection on their journeys.

Yet, as soon as I sat she collided with my world,
  and pen met paper to capture the images, the messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment