Saturday, November 9, 2013

Step Back into the Flow

I awoke with a deep sense of not wanting to fight against life anymore.
  Some part of my character always falls prey to a mistaken notion
  of the 'warrior' in my self, believing that I must push harder, always,
  when life doesn't turn toward my desires.

It's so hard pushing against life, so tiring, so futile, and often so painful.
  There is a natural flow to life, like a stream flowing from the mountain.
  When I chance upon that stream and step foot in its cool waters,
  I sense I am one with the universe, can expand beyond human limitations...

Yet, when somehow I find myself stranded on the shore or against a rock,
  a veil covers my eyes, allowing me to create a storyline wherein
  I must create the flow myself and accomplish nothing less than
  transforming solid into liquid, or simply, moving the earth.

And, just steps away from this epic and fruitless battle of the warrior against life,
  flows the stream, quiet, glistening, inviting, patient, supple, cool, fresh...
  This morning, I awoke with the realization that the earth has not moved,
  the rock has not transformed and the stream flows at my foot.

Step into life.  Imagine, dream what you want it to be.  Stive toward that vision.
  But, learn to recognize when you have run ashore and are pushing in vain.
  I finally recognize this quandary when I am exhausted before the dawn breaks,
  when life feels too hard, when all my efforts come to no avail.

The stream is right there next to you, always.
  Spirit is patient, compassionate, loving, watching, always.
  When, at last, you tire of the battle, Spirit will guide you
  back to the refreshing, healing, life-giving waters.

No comments:

Post a Comment